Visual Studio 2015 - MG installer woes and WP8.1?

Hi guys, new user.

First an observation:
I just installed latest dev build 3.5.0.1367 and noticed that installer still has issues with copying project templates into the correct folder.

If there is no “Visual Studio 2015” folder present in Documents folder, the option to install templates cannot be enabled in the installer options.

In my case, the default VS folder is C:\Users\user\OneDrive\Documents\Visual Studio 2015 so I had to manually create the folder “Visual Studio 2015” in the regular Documents folder, install and then copy the MonoGame folder over to the default VS folder before project templates would show up in VS2015.

Next, when creating a Windows Universal project there were a lot of missing references errors reported. I had to start a build at which point nuget downloaded the missing stuff. Is this by design? Certainly created a lot of confusion for me.

Lastly, is there any documentation on how to build for WP8.1? I see no template for this platform. Microsoft has still not released Win10 to many existing mobile devices so we’re kind of still stuck with WP 8.1 for the time being.

The installer uses the folder that Windows tells it is the user’s Documents folder. There is no hard-coding of the path to the Documents folder. If Windows is telling the installer the wrong folder, I’m not sure how to fix that.

Certain applications on new installs of Windows 10 do not honor the Documents location, despite it being correctly set as an environment variable. Office suite is apparently one (link) and VS2015 seems to be another.

I never changed or messed with this before but installation of MG prompted me to investigate. In VS 2015 on my PC, paths assigned under Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions all start with “C:\Users\user\OneDrive\Documents\Visual Studio 2015”

I wouldn’t be much surprised if this issue is rooted in Win10, a lot of flaky things going on with this system.

A more pressing question is; Can I, and if so how, build for WP8.1 with my config (Win10/VS2015/MG3.5)? Right now this is a showstopper for me.