VS2015 clickonce applications not compatible with windows 7

Ironically I made the game on a windows 7 computer, but I can’t run it on any other computer that is windows 7… Only windows 10 computers work… it crashes on windows 7. my dad told me that visual studio 2015 is meant for windows 10 but is sure there’s a way around it to make it compatible for windows 7. I did some searching and found nothing. If you guys wanna test the application for yourself here’s the link: http://gamejolt.com/games/death-slice/132050

I just don’t know how to fix this. I even tried downloading it again on another computer with the dll files in the same folder as the .exe, and nothing. Still crashed. I really don’t want to install an older visual studio(if that’s even possible).

I tried the game, and perfectly is installed and started Win7 64bit system. I think the lack of .Net Framework 4.x causing the problem. Win7 system default version of the .Net 3.5 installed, Win 10 system is already thinking of the version, which will be the MonoGame offer. So I think you must be manually attached to the .Net 4 for your game, or offline installer, or if there is a way out, something web installer. (sorry, its google translated)

Thanks for replying. Well I tried on a Windows 10 laptop that has .Net Framework 4 but it still didn’t budge. Crashed again /: I tried on my brother’s computer and it worked, but I’m not sure why. His computer is windows 7 and is 64 bit, and the windows 10 laptop is 64 bit.

Did you build the project as 64-bit only?

I don’t know, honestly. How would I configure that? But the thing is it didn’t work with some 64 bit computers too.

And also one thing I forgot to mention, it worked on some Windows 7 computers but not all of them. And the ones it didn’t work on even had .Net framework 4, which was configured in the project files.

Wait a minute. The project need DirectX to work. On those machines, which were previously not started the game, DirectX updated and/or Graphics driver?

I am now looking more closely into the project. Here are the following, which may be a problem in some older graphics cards. Example, you have “barn.png”, which has a resolution of 4002 x 2648. I think it is not recommended that texture size bigger of 2048 x 2048.

Wait a minute. The project need DirectX to work. On those machines, which were previously not started the game, DirectX updated and/or Graphics driver?

You’re absolutely right. I downloaded DirectX and it fixed the problem. Thank you so much.

I am now looking more closely into the project. Here are the following, which may be a problem in some older graphics cards. Example, you have “barn.png”, which has a resolution of 4002 x 2648. I think it is not recommended that texture size bigger of 2048 x 2048.

Thanks for that, I tried hard to ensure it wouldn’t look blurry inside the game. I guess I went a little too far.