Xbox controller never connects.

Hello. I have been working on a monogame project following some tutorials and what not and everything is working just fine except for my controller. I made the project using DirectX. The actual code that updates the controller is in a separate library and it updates the state of the gamepads every frame. However it always shows the gamepad as not being connected. The controller totally works, I have used it on Steam no problems. I referenced the MonoGame.Framework in my library. Is there another reference I need? Does anyone have any suggestions? Slightly disappointed I cant get the controller to work.

EDIT: I am also using Visual Studio 2015 community if that makes any difference.

I don’t think I’ve ever needed any extra references or libraries to get controllers to work. I imagine you’d still need the correct drivers installed but if you’ve been using it on Steam you presumably already have the driver. Hopefully one of the monogame devs can help.

[quote=“Ostridge, post:1, topic:6266”]
actual code that updates the controller is in a separate library
[/quote]You seem to be doing this a difficult way. The gamepads (and other input devices) need to be updated every frame and this is usually done from within the Run loop inside MonoGame. By trying to read input from a separate library, even though MonoGame.Framework.dll is referenced, you are bypassing the Run loop in MonoGame and everything it does.

Why can’t you read the inputs in the main assembly that contains the Game class?

that doesnt work either i have tried.

The actual code that updates the controller is in a separate library and it updates the state of the gamepads every frame.