XML to XNB

Good day everyone, I am new to monogame and had writtend an XNA game for windows 7 now I am converting it to Monogame for win 8 I have successfully converted my XML file to xnb but I still get the error that I can’t load it as a non-content file eventhough I change it content copy if newer, any suggestions would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone has done this before?

Ok so I have all my sounds, textures and everything else loaded through my Screenmanager.Game.Content, for some reason I can’t get my xml files that I converted to xnb to load correctly, has anyone has this issue?

Ok so I got pipeline.exe running and tried to build my .xml and if failed with this error:

error: Importer 'XmlImporter' had unexpected failure!
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.InvalidContentException: Could not resolve type 'ConsoleApplication1.GameConfiguration'.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Serialization.Intermediate.IntermediateReader.ReadObject[T](ContentSerializerAttribute format, ContentTypeSerializer typeSerializer, T existingInstance)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Serialization.Intermediate.IntermediateReader.ReadObject[T](ContentSerializerAttribute format)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Serialization.Intermediate.IntermediateSerializer.Deserialize[T](XmlReader input, String referenceRelocationPath)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.XmlImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentImporter`1.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.IContentImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
   at MonoGame.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Builder.PipelineManager.ProcessContent(PipelineBuildEvent pipelineEvent)
Build 0 succeeded, 1 failed.

Any suggestions

Well I might get an answer this way…is there a way I could use the monogame xmlimporter without the pipeline.exe if so how?

If it helps i used the xml built into xnb content using the standard xna pipeline and then imported into a monogame. Full source is here. There android and windows gl are monogame.

https://code.google.com/p/mbhswipetapsmash/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2FBumpSetSpike_Android%3Fstate%3Dclosed

1 Like

You just don’t know how much it helps, thanks for this, I am going to have a look I really appreciate it.