Skinned Model is not visible

I m currently trying to add animation to my monogame project. Therefor I followed the instructions in Tutorial: How to get XNA's SkinnedSample working with MonoGame which are for monogame 3.5…
Hoping they also work for 3.6, otherwise that might already be the problem, since I m working with 3.6…

well anyway, it all builds fine though I can not see the Model at all, however the draw function is executed…

I created that Pipeline extension project like in that tutorial, referenced it in the content pipeline and referenced the SkinnedModel in the main project

here is what I have done, maybe somebody sees my mistake:
Code in the projekt:

public override void Load()
    {
        base.Load();
        _model = Global.ContentManager.Load<Model>("GameAssets/Enemies/Family/2/model2");

// Look up our custom skinning information.
        SkinnedModel.SkinningData skinningData = _model.Tag as SkinnedModel.SkinningData;

if (skinningData == null)
            throw new InvalidOperationException
                ("This model does not contain a SkinningData tag.");

// Create an animation player, and start decoding an animation clip.
        _aniPlayer = new SkinnedModel.AnimationPlayer(skinningData);

SkinnedModel.AnimationClip clip = skinningData.AnimationClips["skeleton|ArmatureAction"];

_aniPlayer.StartClip(clip);
    }

public override void Update(GameTime gameTime)
    {
        _aniPlayer.Update(gameTime.ElapsedGameTime, true, Matrix.Identity);

}

public override void Draw(GameTime gameTime)
    {
        Matrix[] bones = _aniPlayer.GetSkinTransforms();

// Look up the absolute bone transforms for this model.  
        Matrix[] boneTransforms = new Matrix[_model.Bones.Count];

_model.CopyAbsoluteBoneTransformsTo(boneTransforms);

Global.graphics.GraphicsDevice.DepthStencilState = DepthStencilState.Default;

foreach (ModelMesh mesh in _model.Meshes)
        {
            foreach (SkinnedEffect effect in mesh.Effects)
            {
                _world = Matrix.CreateScale(_scale) * Matrix.CreateWorld(_position, _upwards, _direction);
                effect.SetBoneTransforms(bones);
                effect.World = boneTransforms[mesh.ParentBone.Index] * _world;
                effect.View = Global.GameCamera._viewMatrix;
                effect.Projection = Global.GameCamera._projectionMatrix;

effect.EnableDefaultLighting();

effect.SpecularColor = new Vector3(0.25f);
                effect.SpecularPower = 16;
                effect.Techniques[0].Passes[0].Apply();
            }

mesh.Draw();
        }

}

most from the load function is copied from the skinnedSample from the link, the model loaded above is an fbx with animation, builded with Skinned Model Processor

“skeleton|ArmatureAction” appears to be the name of the animation clip, I got it while debugging… seems to be the name of my model armature | the name of the action

I tried a varierty of things in the draw method, I m not sure if I use the bones or boneTransforms matrix wrong… I already tryed switching them around or calculating world without another transformation matrix…

when I comment out everything related to the SkinnedModel and change SkinnedEffect to BasicEffect and rebuild the model with the normal Model processor, than it is displayed, but not with animation

it might aswell be a problem with the model:
I added armature to a model of a friend of mine, and added an very basic animation, just to test it in monogame

I used the default settings to export it to fbx, just that I changed Apply Scaling from All local to All fbx

uhm didnt mean to open the thread already, give me a sec, i m finishing it up^^

Edit: alright done, for some reason this side registers some common key combinations like control + enter as actually finishing and publishing the post …
which always takes me by suprise, since I usually know Enter to publish and control + Enter to start a new line xD

Update:

I think the problem is the way I export models in blender… I had a look at my Model with the build in Viewer of an FBX Converter, and there it is invisible aswell…

I also tried the sample model from the link above in said Viewer, an it is displayed… though I can t try that one in monogame since the content pipeline says the model is outdated and when I convert it to a newer version of fbx, it says its missing some file…

Can anyone tell me what I m doing wrong in blender? Is there something specific I have to do so blender exported fbx files work?

Edit:
Well in the FBX Viewer the Model is now properly displayed and does its animation… I did this by following

it also builds fine in the content pipeline with the Skinned Model Processor… though I still can t see it…

effect.World = boneTransforms[mesh.ParentBone.Index] * _world;

I’m not saying it’s wrong, but are you sure you are supposed to incorporate the root bone into the world matrix?

nah, I m also rather sure this is wrong, after all, I am already giving the current bone information to the default shader with SetBoneTransforms(bones)…

when I wrote that I was desperate after nothing worked and simply taken it from somewhere on the internet…

nothing changes when I replace that line with

effect.World = _world;

so it can t be the only mistake in the code… well maybe the whole skinned thing doesnt work with 3.6? I actually found no information on bone animation for monogame 3.6 while searching the internet… its always just 3.5

Edit: here is where I found that:
http://xboxforums.create.msdn.com/forums/t/92212.aspx