Can't create project IPHONE

Hi, I wrote a game for Windows Phone in Monogame and want to port it now to iOS.

Steps I took:

1. Install the latest Xcode
  2. Install Xamarin Studio 5.4 (I had a newer version installed first, but I thought maybe an older version would help resolve the issues I have)
  3. Install the monogame add ins fromhttps://github.com/stebyrne04/Monogame_templates

I can create a monogame MacOS solution which works flawlessly.
If I create a monogame iOS solution then the whole solution is blank, it does not contain any files. If I push a little further and try to add a project of type MonoGame iOS, then a dialog comes up “Can’t create project with type: IPHONE”. Clicking on OK an a more detailed error message with a stack trace shows up (I attached it at the bottom of this post).
So my first experience with even getting an empty Monogame iPhone project working on the Mac is awful. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what else I can try?

Thanks

PS: The stack trace even though I do not think it is of any use:System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MonoDevelop.Projects.SolutionFolderItemCollection.OnItemAdded (MonoDevelop.Projects.SolutionItem item) [0x0000d] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-5.4-branch/01786bc6/source/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Core/MonoDevelop.Projects/SolutionFolderItemCollection.cs:59
at MonoDevelop.Projects.ItemCollection1[MonoDevelop.Projects.SolutionItem].InsertItem (Int32 index, MonoDevelop.Projects.SolutionItem item) [0x0000b] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-5.4-branch/01786bc6/source/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Core/MonoDevelop.Projects/ItemCollection.cs:39 at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection1[MonoDevelop.Projects.SolutionItem].Add (MonoDevelop.Projects.SolutionItem item) [0x0000c] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-3.10.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-3.10.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-3.10.0/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.ObjectModel/Collection.cs:81
at MonoDevelop.Projects.SolutionFolder.AddItem (MonoDevelop.Projects.SolutionItem item, Boolean createSolutionConfigurations) [0x00008] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-5.4-branch/01786bc6/source/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Core/MonoDevelop.Projects/SolutionFolder.cs:339
at MonoDevelop.Ide.Projects.NewProjectDialog.OpenEvent (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x001e2] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-5.4-branch/01786bc6/source/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide.Projects/NewProjectDialog.cs:378
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00054] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-3.10.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-3.10.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-3.10.0/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:230
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00069] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-3.10.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-3.10.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-3.10.0/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:238
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-3.10.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-3.10.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-3.10.0/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:114
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x00107] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-3.10.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-3.10.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-3.10.0/mcs/class/corlib/System/Delegate.cs:462
at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x00018] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-3.10.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-3.10.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-3.10.0/mcs/class/corlib/System/MulticastDelegate.cs:70
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-3.10.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-3.10.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-3.10.0/mcs/class/corlib/System/Delegate.cs:407
at GLib.Signal.ClosureInvokedCB (System.Object o, GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs args) [0x00050] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-3.10.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-3.10.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/gtk-sharp-2.12.21/glib/Signal.cs:195
at GLib.SignalClosure.Invoke (GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs args) [0x00019] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-3.10.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-3.10.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/gtk-sharp-2.12.21/glib/SignalClosure.cs:118
at GLib.SignalClosure.MarshalCallback (IntPtr raw_closure, IntPtr return_val, UInt32 n_param_vals, IntPtr param_values, IntPtr invocation_hint, IntPtr marshal_data) [0x00084] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-3.10.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-3.10.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/gtk-sharp-2.12.21/glib/SignalClosure.cs:146

Same here, please advise what to do …
I have finished coding my little card game, android port ready and now i am stuck with ios :-/
Any help is greatly appreciated.

For the sake of completeness. As an alternative I have tried following the tutorial on the Xamarin website (http://developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/game_development/monogame/part1/) but including MonoGame 3.2.2NuGet package in an empty iOS project fails with the following error message:

Could not find file "/var/folders/x3/6jpxvg8n0cj3znj6_2tjsrkr0000gn/T/nuget/5ci0hj1c.zen/build/MonoAndroid/Lidgren.Network.dll"

A little bit of progress and probably the most complicated way to get a project. Here is what I did:

1. Download MonoGame 3.2 from GIT as a ZIP
  2. Unzip and find the MonoGame.Framework.iOS solution and compile it Xamarin. You may have to edit the References and include the reference to either the Lidgren project or the Lidgren binaries - they are included in the zip. Once this is done…
  3. Create an Empty “Classic Universal iOS” project
  4. Right click the project and go to “Add > Add Packages” and add the MonoGame 3.2.2 package. This will modify your project and include the GameMain.cs and so forth. For some reason this package states in the description that iOS is supported, but the binaries aren’t included in the package.
  5. In your project “Edit References”, go to “.NET Assemblies” and navigate to the binaries you built in step 2. They should be at MonoGame.Framework/bin/iPhoneSimulator. Add both the Lindgren.Network and the MonoGame binaries.
  6. Remove the two files from your project AppDelegate.cs and Main.cs.

Run this in the iPhone simulator and you will see the cornflower blue.

If anyone has a clean way of getting this running, please contribute… thanks

A bit too late, but I found this right now and I guess I did it all as it is supposed to be, except the binaries are already in there somewhere after adding MonoGame vie nuGet: