✔ ☕ General Conversation Thread

Well, I was considering writing a UWP app based guidebook, did one before and the content spread out to over 470 word document pages. (For a BASIC based language)

I am yet to fiddle with the state functionality of MG/XNA.

Could just make it UWP only again.

Thanks for your feedback though :pray: just hope my explanations on the right make sense, I just practiced multiple Batching, feels wonderful :innocent:

Does this work?

YAY!

Appears as though full screen does not work here on the forum?

OK, works in Chromium based Edge BETA

A second play:

I think it is still transcoding the 1080p video

Yep, should wait at least 3 minutes before posting…

So, I have hit Chapter 3:

And now, wondering if I should get that thread started now that I have Vimeo set up as well.
That 500MB video per week storage limit is very restrictive but I love the clean interface of Vimeo, YT is just a mess in that regard, yes I can get used to both, but that’s not the point, besides, Vimeo is just better :stuck_out_tongue:,

So, I can attempt to keep my videos under 50mb each for a total of 10 videos a week, but they are going to be simply 10 seconds long at 1080p60… need to install a video editing suite to bring it down to 1080p24… however, I do plan to upgrade to Vimeo Pro next month, so time shall reveal what happens next.

The new thread and videos will be showcase clips, however I may field some Q&A’s in that thread from time to time.

Happy Coding!

Hey, anyone know how Switch development works? How can we test? And what’s the procedure?

Assuming it’s all OpenGL based?

Maybe mention that initialize is called before loadcontent, and/or why you wouldn’t just initialize everything in the loadcontent method…

1 Like

Umm…

This makes sense, as frankly, even I - Yet - do not fully understand what Initialise is for, perhaps this time next year I will understand it more.

Have you seen my latest thread tutorial.

V

No, where would I look to find it?

1 Like

Initialize is basically for things that can’t work till the constructor has completed but also need to be fully set up or initialized before the things in load use or call them.

For the most part you leave it empty and if you ever need it to solve such a problem then you use it.

Traditionally when a static method returns a newly created object instance or when a new object has its values set up depending on some other objects values.
Such that their is a ordered construction A then B then C that is typically coined to be a Initialization vs simply a Construction.

2 Likes

So, tis the season of misery for some and joy for others, so, with that said, I want to take the chance to say, seasons greetings, travel safe, consume with care and if you disappear until the Januaries, happy new year to you all too.

Code Well folks! :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Anybody else thinking, XBOX SERIES X is the announcement for DX13? it’s kinda overdue…

Out of curiosity, what kind of tutorials/guides are people looking for?

Happy New Year!

2 Likes

I second that :smiley:

2 Likes

Happy 12,020 guys!

For those wondering, Kurzgesagt.

2 Likes

I know I’m 5 days late, but happy new year!

What’cha everyone working on? I’m currently wrestling with implementing usable networking for my tank shooter game. And by “usable” I mean “initial version that’s crap but has as little desyncs as possible just so I have something working”. X)

1 Like

Engine building, has been on pause for few weeks, broken ankle…

Ugh, good luck with recovery. I’m already 4 months sick (got sick as soon as I got my Master’s degree by the end of september), and finding the will for gamedev was hard… or for anything tbh.

Why does networking have to be so hard… even with two instances of game on same PC I’m getting massive desyncs lofr

1 Like

Networking works best as an architecture, or more:

I think that covers the bases lol

But code wise, yeah, must build with intent from the ground up.

And then optimise like nuts.

2 Likes