should he ever come back here?

but when I take it off it works again

is my exception fair?

to test I created a new simple project with xml location

here is the error I have there is something that escapes me :frowning:

How are you populating _fileName?

Hello

I populate _fileName with streamwriter

private static string _fileName = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.ApplicationData);

OK, so in one screen shot you are reading from _fileName/myxml.xml and in another _fileName/SavedData/test.xml

I am supprised if this works on any platform at all… I am gussing in one instance both these files and locations exist, in another they dont.

Hello
it’s two different projects you’re right
now it gives me a permission error
I feel like I’m turning around the problem :frowning:

remember i was stuck for a while on this problem? after it worked magic i dont know why

That’s not a permissions error, that a problem with the deserializer, and it looks like you are trying to deserialize an instance of StremReader, not the data that StreamReader is streaming…

This code should never work…

Thank you for the quick reply :slight_smile:

I see how to remedy this?

Yes, don’t serialize the Stream Reader, serialize the data its reading. If you scroll up, I sort of fixed a similar issue you had around serialization before :slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s a good learning exercise :slight_smile:
therefore the values ​​to be serilasered are public
score and highscore

it’s strange that it worked I understand where the installation problem comes from now

I have to modify the code

var scores is of type List
Laod functiol returns new scoreManagers (scores)
ScoreManagers constructor takes (Lists )
that should be good right?

I leave with a good base of work
now I can read and write correctly in the xml file :slight_smile:
I manage to install the application with a simple project which generates random score and which classifies it
super: D
next steps
-check saving score
-create a function which manages the loading and the display at the start of the application

thank you

1 Like

Hello I redid the test by creating a writeXml () function and readXml () in loadContent () call readXml and in the logic update I save the score with writeXml () it works well in virtual but I can’t install it in real I have the impression that something is wrong when I read the score in loadcontent thank you in advance

Without seeing any of your code, I cant help.

Hi @Guess_Game, what’s your native language?