Is MonoGame still being supported?

I am worried that there still is no official Visual Studio 2019 and Visual Studio for Mac templates available for MonoGame. Has development stopped on MonoGame? When can we expect official releases for these software?

Before I devote any more of my time on my major game, I want to make sure MonoGame is still viable. I am a developer and prefer to do most of the work so I am not a fan of Unity and I prefer C# to C++.

1 Like

Yes, it is still being supported, there is Discord, GitHub and this forum for monogame. I don’t use windows and VS for it, so I don’t know that there is a problem, but I see people are solving problems like this in GitHub https://github.com/MonoGame/MonoGame/pull/6771 .

Do you know when we can expect Visual Studio 2019 and Visual Studio for Mac to be supported?

MonoGame doesn’t officially have Visual Studio 2019 project templates but apart from that there’s no reason you can’t use VS2019 to make games with it.

Presumably at some point it will be resolved but in the meantime take a look at some of the workarounds people have posted on this github issue.

You may find my guide here helpful:

I explained that the only change was having to scroll further down on the downloads page for VS here:

Minor roadblock, but it works as I tested it just the same day I posted that second post…