It seems clean function is not working in mgcb editor!

My editor version is 3.8.0.1641. If I exclude files in editor, than use clean function, however the files are still exist in bin folder. Any idea?

In my opinion, clean has never done the job that I really expected it to do. Not in Visual Studio, not in mgcbā€¦and pretty much not in life, either, now that I think about it. I would expect it to be essentially, ā€œwipe out the bin and obj folders and recreateā€, but thatā€™s not what it does. Iā€™m not sure what mgcb does for cleaning, though.

2 Likes

Yea. Hope official could have a solution.

:rofl: setting the bar a bit high

Never been a fan of it being inside VSā€¦

I donā€™t mind manually adding my files, a bit easier to understand for me as wellā€¦

I much prefer it not being inside VS, but just a standalone editor, or simply allow me to create a content projectā€¦ I find it just adds complexity where none is neededā€¦ unless someone can explain why it is a better method?

EDIT

Also, I just end up with three copies of the same files, half the timeā€¦

Could you give me some advise about manual manage files? Whether I need mgcb with bat to generate xnb files?

This should still be relevantā€¦

ę•čŽ·

Itā€™s strange after added files, there had same files in Content folder. So I exclude Content folder within visual studio and rebuild xnb files after delete bin and obj folders. It seems working!

Oh, I see. When you debug your game, it will auto build xnb files. So you donā€™t need to manual build xnb files with mgcb editor.

Yep, pretty annoying

Wait what? I think thatā€™s pretty convenient. That way i just have to edit the file and never open the gui editor?

iā€™m missing something arenā€™t iā€¦ dammit i always miss something :wink:

You should use editor add files but without manual build, and you will modify properties anyway.

mgcb editor is something that doesnā€™t work in general. I recommend against using it for anything tbh.

2 Likes

I really want a content project back againā€¦

1 Like

Yea verilyā€¦

You can have it back, with nopipeline. :DDDD

NoThanks;

1 Like