🎉 MonoGame Patreon

I’m supporting too… and i send a question via patreo MP about to contact Tom for get the monogame version for XBOX (my xbox manager also send an email to Tom to confirm my xbox id partnership).
I am trying to contact Tom for a few months, can you help me??? :sob:

3 Likes

@Tom

1 Like

Tom is still missing… would be a good idea if someone close to him to confirm he is okay. :thinking:

1 Like

I’ll bring this to Tom’s attention.

1 Like

@tatakamucher Have you mentioned this on the Discord server - MonoGame Consoles ?

1 Like

Had no idea this discord existed and is the first time I’ve seen definitive instructions on how to officially request access to NDA console stuff after literally years of trying, and having answered several questions from other MG users over that time I know that is a common issue. It would be awesome if a link to this discord’s welcome section was in the docs somewhere (maybe it already is?), preferably here: https://docs.monogame.net/articles/platforms.html.

Linking to a couple of the more recent topics in case people find them and hopefully end up here:
Where can i get Monogame for Xbox XDK
GDK Build

1 Like

I didn’t know the existence of that discord server either…
Thank you!! :wink:

Hi, I saw you on the discord channel, tom already answered you?? :thinking:

No, but our ID@Xbox account manager only emailed him a few days ago, and it’s not like anyone is paying him to deal with all us yuppies constantly begging for free software lol

Also, I believe the GDKX MG target is still in development, so there may not be anything to really provide access to yet, aside from the private discord channels. You can still use the UWP Xbox target to develop your game in the interim.

1 Like

Worth noting the limitations, which I am unaware of any on the full thing… insight would be much welcome…

Sure thing. The basics are, when targeting Xbox via UWP your game will be limited to 5GB max memory and has limited CPU use.

The biggest issue for us, because our games just aren’t that hardware-demanding, is the “Permission Needed” popup. This is a mandatory popup for any Xbox game packaged via UWP that appears the first time a user runs your game that tells users that your game may be farming their personal info. It caused review bombing and high refund rates for our own past Xbox release and several others that we’ve been told about from other devs.

1 Like

I thought that got fixed…

Hmm…

The mandatory popup? Not that I’m aware of. Would love any info you have on the subject.

1 Like

So, basically, unless you go the seemingly impossible route of XDK, it’s not fixable…

Maybe i am worng but i think xbox one version is finished and the xbox series version is still in development… :thinking:

Both Xbox One and Xbox Series support UWP and GDKX. XDK used to be the non-UWP way to build for Xbox.

1 Like

What is this? is it in the docs?

2 Likes

Hi again my friend, i posted one month ago in the monogame consoles discord server but I have not received an answer either, can you help me please??? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello again, have you received any response? :face_with_peeking_eye: