Setting Window Size Failing

I’ve got an interesting issue that I cannot seem to resolve. Most places I’ve looked have said in order to change the starting window size, you need to add the following two lines into the constructor:

_graphics.PreferredBackBufferHeight = 720;
        _graphics.PreferredBackBufferWidth = 1280;

However, when I do that and relaunch the debugger, the window doesn’t seem to be adjusting. Any ideas on what I might be missing to fix this? I did try ApplyChanges() at the end, but it didn’t seem to add any benefit. I also tried rebuilding to no avail.

Hi!
this can help you:

Is this in DGL or DDX? [Trying to make this a thing lol]

Also, Hi @PT6, Welcome to the Community!

Happy Coding!

EDIT

Or more importantly, UWP?

@rejurime Thank you! I’ll check these out and see if it helps. Appreciate the sources!

@MrValentine DGL! I’ll help you make it a thing lol. And thank you! Brand new to coding, brand new to Monogame, but I’m self teaching because I haven’t been able to get into the game industry of my own merits and work experience, so I’m going to do it myself. It’s been fun so far. I completed a text based RPG (not in Monogame, just as a .NET Core Console App) which helped tremendously with foundational stuff, but the rest of what I’m doing will likely be in Monogame going forward.

2 Likes

Sweet!, I mainly do UWP, so hit me up if you give that a bash and get stuck.

Thank you! I’m hoping to dabble in a little of everything. I want Monogame to be my bread and butter, since it fits so well with the style of games I want to put out into the world, so I’m sure I’ll be exploring all of the different outputs, especially as it comes to porting.

1 Like